PE and Sports Premium
What is Sports Premium?
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. Schools with 16 or fewer eligible pupils receive £1,000 per pupil. Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil. The breakdown of funding available for academic year 2019-2020, including conditions of grant, is available here.
What can Sports Premium be used for?
- provide staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers to enhance or extend current opportunities
- introduce new sports, dance or other activities to encourage more pupils to take up sport and physical activities
- support and involve the least active children by providing targeted activities, and running or extending school sports and holiday clubs
- enter or run more sport competitions
- partner with other schools to run sports activities and clubs
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- encourage pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support sport and physical activity within the school
- provide additional swimming provision targeted to pupils not able to meet the swimming requirements of the national curriculum
- embed physical activity into the school day through active travel to and from school, active playgrounds and active teaching
What Dymchurch uses Sports Premium for:
You can view our whole plan for Sports Premium by reading our report here.
PE and Sport Premium Impact 2017-2018
PE and Sport Premium Impact 2018-2019
PE and Sport Premium Impact 2019-2020